Thanksgiving is coming up soon and I am on the search for amazingly delicious and healthy side-dishes which might address everyone’s eating style and requirements at our family dinner. This vegan garlic tomato recipe is absolutely perfect and tastes a bit like my grandmother’s stewed tomatoes with a fun twist – a crispy kale topping. My friends at Massel asked me to use their products to make some delicious recipes and sent out several samples of their all vegan, gluten-free, lactose-free, and cholesterol-free broth products. In taste testing the chicken style and beef style broth, I could not tell the difference between broth made from meats and Massel’s vegan broths. The broth is easy-to-make in a vegan recipe and totally yummy!
HOW TO MAKE BAKED GARLIC TOMATOES WITH CRISPY KALE TOPPING (an all vegan recipe)
- 7 to 10 whole tomatoes
- 2 cups kale, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup of broth made from Massel boullion cubes or concentrated liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons organic garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute chopped kale with a little olive oil until it wilts, then stir in garlic with the mixture and set aside.
- Cut tops off of tomatoes, place in a baking pan, then slice tops of tomatoes so olive oil will drizzle down without cutting tomato all the way through.
- Top tomatoes with kale mixture.
- Place broth at the bottom of the pan.
- Bake at 350 uncovered for an hour or until tomatoes are baked through and kale becomes crispy.
- Serve in individual bowls with broth, or strain broth off and serve alone.
HOW TO WIN A MASSEL PACKAGE OF GOODIES –
It is easy to enter to win a package of delicious Massel products. In the comment section below share your best side-dish recipes for Thanksgiving. It can be a vegan recipe or a non-vegan recipe — just tell us your favorites! I will randomly select one comment to win the contest on November 14, 2014 and will have the Massel peeps send out the prize just in time for Thanksgiving. Special Note* — contest only open for people who are within the contiguous United States for shipping purposes. And the winner of this vegan recipe contest from Massel was discovered from the random number generator – CAROLE COATES congratulations Carole!!!