You are important to me and I can help you feel better!
When I was first diagnosed with severe degenerative osteoarthritis of the spine and could barely walk or sleep or live, I thought that I was all alone even though there were people all around me. Inflammation was causing so many difficult symptoms, but inflammatory pain in particular is the great isolator in all it’s forms. It is common to live secluded with your pain and that can push you into depression and isolation. I spent a lot of time crying myself to sleep, thinking my life was over, and that I might never recover.
I Discovered There is Hope if You Have Chronic Pain
Once I discovered how to take care of myself through an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and reduce my chronic pain by 80%, I also saw many of my other health problems improve or disappear. When I got rid of the high blood pressure medications and reduced my allergies and asthma down to almost zero with no heavy medications or prescriptions involved, I realized that I wanted to share my discoveries and help others.
I feel like I was gifted with this horrible inflammatory lemon and have been given a mission in life to change it into the grandest most delicious anti-inflammatory bad-ass lemonade cocktail ever. This mission is now my life’s work — to help you feel better through anti-inflammatory living.
I Can Help You Make a Difference!
You are important to me, and with all the dramatic and horrible problems happening in the world right now, I feel we human beings need to come together to help one another both physically and mentally now more than ever. This mission – to help you feel better and live well – can help you think better as well. Healthy diet. Healthy body. Healthy brain. Besides being happier in our lives, when we think more clearly we can accomplish almost anything for ourselves and our communities. We can make a difference.
Are you ready to…
- Change your inflammatory habits so you have better health, helping you feel better – and happier – every day?
- Live with less chronic inflammatory pain and other concerns like diabetes and heart disease?
- Reduce your allergy symptoms such as migraine headaches, swelling, clogged sinus’s, and gut reactions?
- Learn how to adopt an anti-inflammatory food plan so you can feel better, lose weight, and be healthier?
- Stop feeling isolated in your medical conditions and become a part of community to help you live well every day?
Then, you are in the right place!
ShawnaCoronado.com is your online resource to help you with the above and more —
* I can show you how to better your life by living a smart daily anti-inflammatory lifestyle – at home, in your kitchen, in the garden, at your work, and in your community.
* I know how it works because I have lived it on my own personal inflammatory journey and changed my life completely around. I want to help you learn how to make a difference for yourself.
I want to show you how to have less chronic inflammation and live life to its fullest!
This website is the hub that connects you to:
- Free food recipes, garden ideas, and wellness tips (The Wellness Blog)
- Step-by-step training courses on anti-inflammatory cooking, exercise, and living (The Wellness University)
- Meal plans, exercise encouragement, garden tips, and LIVE lifestyle training inside a community of like-minded people (My Monthly Membership – COMING SOON!)
- Smart insights on anti-inflammatory living – food, exercise, and lifestyle – dropped right into your email box (My Newsletter)
- Detailed and extensive guides to help you through the process of adopting an anti-inflammatory lifestyle (My Books)
I want you to find your wellness and happiness. It’s my life’s mission to help you make a difference for yourself with great anti-inflammatory lifestyle tips, courses, and books such as Stacked with Flavor: An Anti-Inflammatory Cookbook with Dairy-free, Grain-free & Low-Sugar Recipes and The Wellness Garden: Grow, Eat, and Walk Your Way to Better Health. You can find all these things right on my website.
Changing old health habits can be as easy as taking that first step. I’ll be with you all the way!
Thank you so much for sharing in all the crazy adventures, for your comments, your support, and most of all for the warmth you share with me – I love you and am glad you are spending time on my website and sharing in the anti-inflammatory adventure!
I believe in you – YOU GOT THIS!
ABOUT Shawna Coronado in Business —
One day I decided to change my life and up n’ left my fancy-pants office job in sales and marketing to find health and happiness. Since then I have created a media career primarily as an author and photographer (here are my books – LINK), but I also work as a business consultant, on-camera spokesperson, columnist, keynote speaker, and podcast/radio show host. Every day is a new adventure for me.
I spend my days learning about sustainable ideas that support an anti-inflammatory lifestyle. In 2015 I was diagnosed with severe degenerative osteoarthritis of the spine – an incurable condition which presents chronic inflammatory pain that can be quite debilitating. My diagnosis has led me on a life-changing mission to educate audiences about beneficial diet, food, and health practices. My dream is that this will enable more people to be active who suffer from similar conditions. I want to help people.
Shawna Coronado Speaking Schedule
Because I’m a professional speaker and writer I get to travel all over the world meeting fun people and sharing my passion for wellness. I get to help people feel better every day. I have years of experience with speaking – I have spoken on many wonderful stages including TEDx. To see my speaking and appearance schedule, please GO HERE.
Shawna Coronado Work BIO
My photos and writing appear in many magazines, books, and online media. I have published several organic lifestyle books for both Ogden Publishing and Cool Springs Press/Quarto Publishing that are about cooking, gardening, and wellness. I have a fantastical video crew who works with me to create videos for the internet for various brands and also my YouTube channel.
I have written for many groups including Mother Earth Living, Heirloom Gardener, Better Homes and Gardens, iScape, Kellogg Garden Company, STIGA, CitySearch, Chicago Tribune’s ChicagoNow site, Jung Seed, Espoma Organic Fertilizer, and many domestic and international sites.
Shawna Coronado ON TV
Want to see some samples of my work on television? GO HERE.
I’ve appeared regularly on multiple TV networks such as PBS and QVC TV, and spent a season hosting the FOX News team LIVE bi-weekly at my home garden for Gardening with Good Day in Chicago. Radio experience includes co-hosting a lifestyle podcasting show, plus making regular appearances on NPR, podcasts, and radio stations all over the world.
Features & Speaking Gigs
I am honored to have been personally featured in First for Women magazine, Edible Gardening Magazine, Costco Connection, HGTVGardens.com, Chicago Tribune’s Remarkable Woman section, DIYNetwork site, Small Yard Gardening Magazine, and many more media publications. I speak to thousands of people at cool gigs like TEDxWomen, Google, and the Mother Earth News Fairs discussing the benefits of living a wellness lifestyle.
Other days I spend online talking about sustainable ideas; health and wellness, eco-travel, sustainability tips, organic gardening, healthy anti-inflammatory cooking, and techniques for every day homeowners to help you feel better. I try to share all I can right here on my website and social media so you can be a part of the action. I’m not perfect at being healthy, green, and sustainable, but I’m learning just like you — one step at a time.
If you would like to see my work bio or are considering hiring me to speak or work with your brand or business, or if you have questions or want to talk to me, just shoot me an email at shawna at shawnacoronado dot com.
A very special thank you to my photography friends who took such delightful photos of me for my website. I deeply appreciate your allowing me to use the photos on my website – you are amazingly talented my friends and I am grateful for your help and support.
- Front cover shot, top contact page, Meet Shawna, and top about page shots are from Stephanie Sunberg at StephanieSunberg.com
- My front cover “books” shot was photographed by Sheila Rutledge of Captured by Sheila Photography.