Coconut Thai Spice is a favorite of mine! On one lonely evening in Philadelphia, I found a little Thai restaurant near my hotel. Their special for the night was a White Fish in Thai Coconut Sauce. After dinner I requested the recipe from the chef and the magic for the sauce was all about the seasoning – my own version of this memory is below.
Both the seasoning mix recipe and fish recipe, below, are fantastic. If you can’t find dried lemongrass on the spice shelf, try looking for it in the tea section. Pure lemongrass tea is dried lemongrass leaves.
Ways to Use Coconut Thai Spice Seasoning Mix
- Fish – This delicious Coconut Thai Spice seasoning is fantastic with white fish (see the recipe below). Mix it with a coconut milk sauce.
- Salad – It is absolutely brilliant in my Soy-Free Thai Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe. The recipe is light, bright, and perfect for any salad.
- Marinade – Combine 2 tablespoons seasoning mix with 1/4 cup oil and marinate chicken thighs overnight. Bake until the skin is crispy. Absolutely a fresh flavored chicken dish. All the recipes are brilliantly yummo!
Coconut Thai Spice Seasoning Mix Recipe
- Combine all the seasonings, mixing well (or grinding with a mortar and pestle)
- Place in an air tight jar
- Store in a cool, dry location
Wonderful White Fish in Thai Coconut Sauce
- Mix juice, garlic, and Thai Spice in a bowl, marinate fish for two hours
- Heat oil in pan and sauté vegetables until slightly tender
- Stir in coconut milk, fish, and marinade, letting simmer covered for about 20 minutes
- Salt and pepper to taste, and serve with chopped cilantro sprinkled over the top
Top Benefits of the Herb Lemongrass
Lemongrass is an herb from in India. You can grow it in your garden. There are many medical benefits that include anti-inflammatory properties. Find it in the Coconut Thai Spice Seasoning Mix recipe. Lemongrass is great as a tea. Lemongrass prevents yeast and bacteria growth. Scientific studies reveal that lemongrass contains many substances. These substances include vitamins, quercetin, antioxidants, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds. These ingredients can be beneficial for treating the below conditions –
- Stomachache and digestive problems
- Rheumatism and achy joints
- Relieve pain
- Reduce high blood pressure and heart disease
- Reduce cholesterol
- Relieve bloating
- Certain skin conditions
For higher dosing or daily tea drinking, please consult with your doctor or health professional. It can be a powerful diuretic in tea form. Cooking quantities are very small in the Coconut Thai Spice Seasoning Mix. If you are concerned, your medical team can advise.