Last year I discovered I have a passion for cauliflower. This passion has superseded my love for filet mignon and has turned into something I have to eat regularly. I’m not kidding – I. MUST. HAVE. CAULIFLOWER. I cook it every which way, but one of my favorites is to make cauliflower steaks and turn them into vegan Mexican cauliflower steak tacos. Beyond fabulous, this dish is all vegan, yet totally filling, nutritious, and memorable. Great for dinner, lunch, and even stirred up in some scrambled eggs as a leftover – give this recipe a try.
- 1 or 2 whole heads of cauliflower
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortillas and toppings for tacos (such as guacamole, lettuce, salsa, and tomatoes)
- Slice whole heads of cauliflower so that the cauliflower remains intact in “steaks”.
- Place the steaks on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle all the spices on to taste – use a heavier hand for strong flavor or lighter sprinkling for a lighter flavor.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until steaks are soft and cooked through.
- Pull out of the oven and place on warmed tortillas.
- Top with guacamole, lettuce, and any other preferred taco ingredients.