The culinary series continues with a special tribute to breakfast. During the cold winter months I find a hearty, warm, and delicious breakfast is just what you need to start the day. Chef Carlos Capistran from the Lol-Ha Restaurant helps me prepare a delectable selection of egg, chorizo sausage, ham, and vegetable tacos while we are in Akumal, Mexico. This taco recipe easily costs WAY under $10 per meal for a four person family.
Chef Carlos Capistran and Shawna Coronado cooking breakfast tacos in Akumal, Mexico.
We eat these breakfast tacos often at our home – I think you will love them!
HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST TACOS –
- Eggs, 2 per person
- Butter or margarine, 1 oz.
- Tortillas, corn or flour, pre-warmed on stove
- Toppings, diced or chopped – the topping selection is totally up to you, here are some ideas for possible toppings that make a great breakfast taco – ham, bacon, chorizo sausage, onion, green onion, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, salsa, queso blanco, cheddar cheese, cilantro
- Melt butter in a frying pan and sauté favorite toppings until browned.
- Whip two eggs together and pour over the toppings.
- Scramble egg mixture together.
- When done, roll the eggs up in a tortilla to form a taco.
- Serve with salsa.
*Note – Because the FTC requires it, I am noting that the Mayan Riviera Tourism, Hotel Akumal Caribe, Villa Akumal, and Akumal Guide Mexicarte sponsored this experience. I was not told what to document or how to document the experience, we were simply asked to attend and film – anything expressed in posts related to the activities is my own opinion expressed from my own personal experience.