Mexican Huevos Motulenos Recipe (Eggs With Tortillas, Beans, Ham, and Vegetables)
Healthy Mexican Breakfast
The regional Mexican cuisine culinary series continues with Chef Carlos Capistrans’ amazing version of Huevos Motulenos from the Lol-Ha Restaurant. Watch the video below to see how we make this delicious and satisfying breakfast together in Akumal, Mexico. It features peas as a topper.
Enjoy this dish – it costs under $10 to prepare for a family of four and I plan to prepare it when the peas are plucked fresh from the garden in the spring.
HOW TO MAKE CHEF CARLOS’ VERSION OF HUEVOS MOTULEÑOS (Healthy Mexican Breakfast)
- Refried beans – 3 oz
- One fried corn tortilla (optional – you could easily skip this and put tomato slices instead to make it healthier)
- Two eggs cooked to preference
- Ranchero sauce – 3 oz
- Diced ham – 1 oz
- Shredded mozzarella or queso fresco cheese (optional)
- Peas – 1 oz
- Place the refried beans on the plate and top with the fried tortilla.
- Cook the eggs to preference, place on top of the tortilla (or tomato slice).
- Add ranchero sauce.
- Top with ham, cheese, and peas. (Dairy optional)
*Note – Because the FTC requires it, I am noting that the Mayan Riviera Tourism, Hotel Akumal Caribe, Villa Akumal, and Akumal Guide Mexicarte sponsored the trip back in 2011. I was not told what to document or how to document the experience, we were simply asked to attend and film – anything expressed in posts related to the activities is my own opinion expressed from my own personal experience.
Yum! I love!!
Yum! I love!!
Thanks Ingrid – totally delicious!!!