This lemony chicken lettuce wrap is an absolutely brilliant recipe for an anti-inflammatory food plan. One of the most nutritionally dense ingredients in the recipe is homegrown microgreens, a vitamin-filled super hero for any dish. Plus you can make the dish in under 8 minutes if you are following The 8 Minute Method – BOOM!
List of Lettuce Types to Use for Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce can be an amazing substitute for sandwich bread or a taco shell, enabling you to have a grain- and gluten-free way to have a sandwich. Eat the lettuce wrap by lifting the wrap up and consuming it like a taco. Cut the lettuce wrap up if you want more of a salad experience.
Varieties of Lettuce Wrap Lettuces –
- Iceberg lettuce
- Red lettuce varieties
- Romaine lettuce
- Boston Bibb lettuce
- Buttercrunch Butterhead lettuce
Lemony Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- lettuce leaves, rinsed and dried
- rotisserie chicken, bite-size pieces
- hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon zest, freshly grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lay out lettuce leaves on plate
- Top leaves with rotisserie chicken, eggs, and microgreens
- Drizzle each wrap with olive oil
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and salt and pepper
How to Zest a Lemon without a Zesting Tool
- Using a vegetable peeler or paring knife, slice off a super thin layer of the outer colorful part of a citrus
- Immediately lay this peel on a cutting board with the flesh side facing up
- Julienne the peel into tiny little strips
- Turn these little strips on the sides and mince them up into little bitty pieces
- Rock the knife back and forth over and over the strips and it will turn into a fine zest
While citrus zest might seem an unlikely ingredient to add to your lemony chicken lettuce wrap recipe, try adding a generous raw pinch. Also add it to your salad dressings, fresh fruit, or chia seed pudding. Want an even richer flavor? Sprinkle heavily on top of vegetables before or after roasting, add it in to cauliflower rice, or stir it into sauces.
If you would like to get your own zesting tools to make it easier to zest your citrus, I have listed a couple of my favorite zesting tools in the links below –
A) Microplane Classic Zester Grater
The Lemony Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe is Better with Fresh Ingredients
Using fresh ingredients such as freshly zested citrus tastes amazing while dried zest has less flavor. A beautiful freshly picked lettuce combined with your very own homegrown microgreens can make a huge difference in your recipes.
Zesting lemon or citrus skin with a Microplane is very easy to do.
Simply hold the lemon in one hand and Microplane tool in the other hand. Using pressure, push the lemon or citrus against the rough part of the Microplane and push it hard going in one direction. Only rub the colorful part of the skin of the citrus, not the white pith. The pith is bitter. The skin is bright and flavorful. Zest will be collected within the planer and can be knocked off into your favorite recipe or over your food.
Growing your own microgreens is very easy to do. The easiest microgreen seeds to grow that are consistently successful in sprouting in a variety of growing conditions are broccoli, radish, and sunflower seeds. Grow them in a warm location inside your home in a sunny window or under lights. Microgreens are easily grown outside in the garden or in a container garden as well.