Cauliflower Popcorn for Movie Night – YUM!
Cauliflower popcorn is insanely addictive and unexpected. With the addition of garlic, it takes the delicious factor over the top. Cauliflower has been my favorite vegetable for a long time. I love riced cauliflower and am super-fond of cauliflower steaks. This recipe for cauliflower popcorn took me totally by surprise — it is NOT popcorn, yet it is yummy. For those of us who cannot have corn of any kind, this recipes functions as a great different substitute.
Cauliflower Popcorn doesn’t really smell like traditional popcorn. Roasting vegetables is the true secret in increasing the flavor and yum factor. Keep the pieces small. Roast them to a deep golden brown. They are best as caramelized bites of awesome. Adding cayenne ramps up the fire level and brings out a whole new flavor perspective. A fantastic way to satisfy your snack needs on movie night.
Cauliflower Popcorn – The Garlic Episode Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place oil, parsley, garlic, and salt in a bowl and whisk together
- Drop the cauliflower pieces in and stir over and over until all the pieces are coated well
- Spread the cauliflower on a baking pan which is covered in parchment paper
- Bake 60 minutes, turning twice, until golden brown and caramelized (if you like crunchier pieces, bake for less time, if you like more tender pieces, bake for longer)
- Serve immediately
Cauliflower is High in Fiber and Nutrition
Cauliflower is really good for you. It is crunchy and full of chew, which is important if you are consuming a low carbohydrate food plan as it helps you to feel full.
Fiber, Vitamin C, D, K, and Folate are key ingredients in this vegetable. Cauliflower has many other vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants. Most importantly, cauliflower is cholesterol-free and low-fat. This makes it an absolutely brilliant snack or side dish.