Paleo Cauliflower Egg Cup Breakfast Recipe
- 3 to 4 cups finely chopped cooked cauliflower
- 6 to 9 large eggs
- Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Herbs de Provence (or your favorite French herbs finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and grease muffin tins of pan.
- Prepare the cauliflower by steaming until soft
- Place even portions of the pre-cooked cauliflower in cups or muffin tins, being sure to grease tins first
- Drizzle olive oil over cauliflower
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, and crack an egg gently over each cup
- Top each cup with a pinch of herbs and salt
- Bake another 6-12 minutes or until cooked to your favored doneness
- Let cool and serve.
Cauliflower is my favorite vegetable. I like it raw and cooked in a plethora of ways. One of my absolute favorites is to roll it into a breakfast cup with an egg to make a delightfully warming winter breakfast. While visiting California this year I discovered my egg cups at Hotel del Coronado on Coronado Island near San Diego (bottom). The Sheerwater breakfast buffet is world-famous, the view from my table was gorgeous (see below) and I fell in love with the little Cauliflower Egg Cups they served while I was there. Yummy and superbly easy to prepare – I prefer the egg lightly done so that the yolk is still runny and functions as a bit of a sauce.
Above is the breakfast recipe – make half of it the night before when you have holiday guests then pop the cups in the oven with eggs in the morning and serve as a special treat this season. Anti-inflammatory, no dairy, no grain, no sugar, and ALL GOOD!
What a pleasure to find someone who idtenifies the issues so clearly