- 3 to 4 cups finely chopped cooked cauliflower
- 6 to 9 large eggs
- Olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Herbs de Provence (or your favorite French herbs finely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and grease muffin tins of pan.
- Prepare the cauliflower by steaming until soft
- Place even portions of the pre-cooked cauliflower in cups or muffin tins, being sure to grease tins first
- Drizzle olive oil over cauliflower
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, and crack an egg gently over each cup
- Top each cup with a pinch of herbs and salt
- Bake another 6-12 minutes or until cooked to your favored doneness
- Let cool and serve.
Cauliflower is my favorite vegetable. I like it raw and cooked a plethora of ways. One of my absolute favorites is to roll it into a breakfast cup with an egg to make a delightfully warming winter breakfast. While visiting California this year I discovered my egg cups at Hotel del Coronado on Coronado Island near San Diego (bottom). The Sheerwater breakfast buffet is world famous, the view from my table was gorgeous (see below) and I fell in love with the little Cauliflower Egg Cups they served while I was there. Yummy and superbly easy to prepare – I prefer the egg lightly done so that the yolk is still runny and functions as a bit of a sauce.
Above is the breakfast recipe – make half of it the night before when you have holiday guests then pop the cups in the oven with eggs in the morning and serve as a special treat this season. Anti-inflammatory, no dairy, no grain, no sugar, and ALL GOOD!