Reduce, reuse and recycle all year long in your garden. This season when we were done using the Ups-A-Daisy insert in our containers, we decided to repurpose them into Ups-A-Daisy Pumpkin Wind Twisters.
1. Pull the Ups-A-Daisy inserts out of your garden planting containers at the end of the gardening season. Wash and dry.
2. Lay the Ups-A-Daisy insert flat, with the smooth side up. Draw pumpkin faces on your Ups-A-Daisy with a permanent marker. (I discovered that 10 year old children love to do this step.)
3. Cut long lengths of twine using scissors.
4. Thread the Ups-A-Daisy pumpkins through the holes in the inserts, then hang from a tree or fence. (I had a favorite garden helper, David Smith, help out with this.)
5. Sit back and watch the twisters spin in the wind.
The Ups-A-Daisy inserts were sponsored by the below supporters. I would be using this product whether or not they were sponsored – I have used them for years and have faith in their quality – –
You can purchase the Ups-A-Daisy in stores around the country as well as online at their website – www.ups-a-daisy.com.