December: the month of madness. You are busy and have no time to stop for a complicated lunch. I have the solution – an anti-inflammatory bento bowl. Last month we featured a meatless combination for lunch, the month before we went with a delicious healthy yogurt snack, but in December we’re going less complicated. No recipe needed – get it at the store and turn your lunch into a quickie meal.
For the last three months we have tested out samples of the San Yoshi Lacquerware Bento Bowl which are BPA free, microwave safe, and dishwasher safe. Find San Yoshi Lacquerware bento box or bento bowl colors at WhiskNYC and MoMA Store. To find additional colors and designs reach out to the team at Focus America.
Below is a very simple bento bowl lunch to help you eat while being on the move for the holidays. Wrapping presents? Working double shifts? Living in the fast lane? No problem hit this yummy anti-inflammatory lunch on the fly.
BENTO BOWL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY COMBO:
- Rotisserie chicken legs (or go with 3 oz of rotisserie chicken white meat)
- Premade Quinoa Salad from Your Fav Store (OR – see recipe below from the OMango Restaurant)
- 8 cups quinoa
- 2 TBS kosher Salt
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups mixed bell peppers, small diced
- 2 cups carrots, shredded or small diced
- 2 cups cilantro, chopped
- 4 TBS lemon juice
- 5 TSP garam masala
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Boil the quinoa with salt and water in a rice cooker (or on the stove according to package directions).
- Cook until grains are translucent and soft.
- Remove and cool.
- Mix with remaining ingredients and refrigerate.
- Serve cold.
Bento bowls or boxes are easy to make and take. Send me your creative anti-inflammatory bento bowl combination ideas. Happy Holidays!