This Easy Eight Cup Soup Recipe is just what you are looking for as a way to save money and eat nutritiously. The benefit of this soup is it uses whatever you have in your home right now. Do you have fresh vegetables, frozen vegetables, canned vegetables, beans, or rice? Adapt the recipe to any variety of food you might have on hand. Seriously, the best way to conserve rations and to stretch that food out is to turn a little bit of something into a whole lot of soup because you can double or triple the consumption capacity with broth.
If you want to know how to home make your very own broth from items you might throw in the bin (old bones, limp veg, etc.), you can GO HERE TO THIS LINK to see the recipe and video.
Remember, this is not a fancy soup, just a hearty soup, so you should use whatever you have. I have one pound of leftover pre-cooked chicken and turkey (cubed or shredded makes no difference), you could use any meat or no meat at all and just focus on the vegetables
Easy Eight Cup Soup Recipe
- 1 pound chicken, turkey, or any other kind of meat, cubed or shredded (optional)
- 8 cups of cubed vegetables – whatever fresh veggies you have in the cupboard, freezer, or cans
- 3 – 32 oz boxes chicken broth (or 96 oz water, tomato juice, or your own homemade broth)
- 3 tablespoons garlic, crushed
- 1-2 Tablespoons favorite seasoning (I prefer Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown meat in pan or pre-cook poultry
- Deglaze pan with a cup of broth, transfer ingredients to a stew pot or crockpot.
- Add all other vegetable and seasoning ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce temperature to low and slow simmer for two to three hours.
- OR if using a crockpot, toss it all in and simmer on high 3 – 5 hours.
- Refrigerate or freeze
This super-easy eight cup soup recipe feeds a small army and you will have stretched your food out by transforming it into soup.
Sign up for my regular newsletter which has easy tips on how to eat smart and live an anti-inflammatory lifestyle right here on the website. If you would like to get my anti-inflammatory cookbook to help guide you on a healthy meal plan, Ogden Publishing is listing my cookbook at a discount right now for anyone who needs it. JUST CLICK HERE AND IT WILL LINK THROUGH FOR YOU.
BE SAFE and BE WELL – I love you my friends!