Stainless steel water bottles are something we should all have in our carry bags and on our computer desks. Drinking more water can be a smart addition to an anti-inflammatory lifestyle and food plan.
Adequate daily fluid intake as suggested by the U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Adult men should have 15.5 cups (3.7 liters) of water and adult women should have 11.5 cups (2.7 liters) of water.
I adore water bottles so much I have a big collection. Stainless steel is long lasting. These bottles are a great alternative to plastic without the toxic and environmental concerns related to plastic.
PROS AND CONS OF STAINLESS STEEL WATER BOTTLES
- Easy to wash – can use high temperatures to clean if necessary.
- Bottles are safe to drink from and is BPA and Phthalate free.
- Stylish and easy to recycle if needed.
- Lightweight and easily transported on airlines if empty.
- Stainless bottles can hold both hot and cold liquids.
- Sometimes there’s a metallic taste to the water
- The water becomes hot if left in your car or outdoors in hot weather
- Bottle can dent if dropped
- Paint sometimes peels off exterior of metal bottles
- Metal water bottles lined with a resin lining also leach BPA. Do not get a bottle with what appears to be a “colored” lining of any kind.
My Favorite Stainless Steel Water Bottles
There are two water bottles I adore which are my favorites and I recommend with two thumbs up (below).
Iron Flask Narrow Mouth Sports Water Bottle – LINK HERE
Takeya Originals Vacuum-Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle – LINK HERE
By getting a reusable water bottle and drinking tap water, you are helping yourself stay healthy. You are also helping the environment by keeping plastic water bottles out of the landfills.
A safer, BPA and Phthalate free source of drinking water for your family is a smart green choice. Be sure to get bottles that do not have a resin lining – a golden-orange coating points to a material that can shed BPA.