We need warm deliciousness and we need it fast. Try this Crockpot Vegetarian Minestrone Soup Recipe; it is a yummy, hot solution to a cold winter soul. I bought all the ingredients on sale, so the crockpot was chock full of vegetables for about $10.
The regular price might make the dollar signs creep up a bit, but overall, it’s worth it. A full crockpot can feed a group of rabid hockey players or perhaps a gaggle of gardeners for this month’s potluck dinner. Get yourself to a crockpot and enjoy this fabulous soup – QUICK!
Crockpot Vegetarian Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 1 box organic French Onion Soup
- organic diced tomatoes, 1 14.5 oz can
- tomato sauce, 1 14.5 oz can
- 2 11.5 oz cans V-8 juice
- 2 15 oz cans of chickpeas
- 1 15 oz can of lentils
- Some pasta (optional)
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups chopped squash or zucchini
- celery, 1 cup chopped
- spinach, 1 cup chopped
- whole onion, 1 cup chopped
- shredded carrots, 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons fresh crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups pasta
Throw all ingredients into a crockpot except the pasta. Simmer between 5 and 8 hours, marrying flavors. Add pasta one hour before serving.