It is winter in Chicagoland folks. No herbs can be found growing beneath several inches of snow and I am in the mood for a New Year’s cocktail that is a big splurge; sweet and spectacular. What can I use that combines a little bit of nature with a little bit of naughtiness? Carolyn Binders legendary Candied Pecans and maple syrup is the inspiration for a Pecan Pie Martini Cocktail.
Individual martini’s are definitely under $10 to prepare, but it will take more than $10 to buy all the supplies from scratch. With new bottles, you can easily serve an entire platoon of New Year’s party-goers. This is a ridiculously delicious and sweet martini that has a rich kick to it you are going to love. The secret is the “martini olive”. No regular sour olive will do – - use candied pecans instead for a tasty change of pace.
Wow your guests on New Year’s with this fantastic Pecan Pie Martini Cocktail recipe. Be sure to check out my friend Carolyn Binder’s Cowlick Cottage Farm blog, her candied pecans are yummy and it is no surprise that she just happens to live next to a pecan orchard. Her blog is chock full of great recipes and wonderful stories of family and friends.
Happy New Year!
Pecan Pie Martini Cocktail Recipe
Pecan Pie Martini
- 2 oz Pinnacle® Pecan Pie Vodka
- 1 oz DeKuyper® Buttershots® Schnapps
- 1 oz 100% pure maple syrup, plus extra for rim garnish
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Ice cubes
- Carolyn Binders Famous Candied Pecans
- Dip martini glass rims in syrup, then the brown sugar.
- Place liquor and syrup in an ice filled shaker (I use my penguin shaker – ’cause he’s adorable).
- Shake well, and then strain into prepared glasses.
- Accessorize with 1 or 2 yummy candied pecans.
Carolyn Binders Candied Pecan Recipe
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add pecans to egg whites, stir thoroughly to coat the nuts evenly. Pour the sugar mixture over the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.